On April 21st, 2022, a three-hour acrobatics workshop "Discovering phenomena" will be held in HALA 100 (Hrvatske mornarice 4, 21 000 Split) led by Špela Vodeb and Christine Daigle.
The workshop is based on the artistic research of the renowned French circus collective Un Loup pour l'homme (whose performances you had the opportunity to see in Split in 2019 and 2021).
"Partner acrobatics (also known as hand-to-hand technique) are the centre of our work, which means that we are not soloists. Our main interest lies in action and observation of happenings between individuals and within the group. The workshop is based on our artistic research and its main focus is to pursue our research of meanings that appear through physical material and share the exploration of human relation adventure that we seek with acrobatics."
During the workshop we will go through the following elements of acrobatic work:
- "Stepping on the body": company’s technique, a base on which we build upon our practice and principals
- "Climbing on the body"
- "Constant changing of roles"
- "Presence, state and the quality of body"
- "Concept of togetherness"
- "Icarian games"
- "Establishing trust".
The workshop is intended for people with the circus, movement and/or dance practice.
The number of places at the workshop is limited and applications are accepted via the form:
https://forms.gle/CsDVTPjkAnZ8NgcJA upon April 19th 2022.
Participation fee: 150 kn
This workshop is part of the "PASSING SWIFTLY / Un loup pour l’homme tour
- residencies, performances, workshops in Croatia and Slovenia / April 2022" which is supported byTeatroskop, a program initiated by the French Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs, French Ministry of Culture, and Institut français Paris.
The workshop is part of the annual program of "HALA 100" organized by the contemporary circus collective ROOM 100, which is implemented with the financial support of the Kultura nova Foundation, the Ministry of Culture and Media of the Republic of Croatia, the French Institute in Croatia and the City of Split.